Posting a job or internship in Jobs4Cats is one of the easiest ways to spread the word about opportunities at your organization.
Simply log on to Jobs4Cats, select [Jobs] and [Create Job] to get started!
Besides posting on our online job database, we have several ways for you to connect with our students:
Register for a Career Fair
Our office hosts more than 20 career fairs each year, which cater to a variety of academic and professional sectors. Employers looking to fill internship, part-time, or full-time positions are invited to attend! Learn more about our upcoming career fairs.
- To register for a Career Fair, log on to Jobs4Cats and select [Fairs]. If you’re connected with more than one school, you can filter to view our fairs by typing “San Marcos, TX” in the [Location] box. Once you navigate to the Career Fair page, you can learn the detailed information about the fair. Click [Register] at the top of the page to send us your information.
Payment Policy: All registration fees are non-refundable. All registration fees are non-refundable. Event cancellations will be accepted up to two weeks prior to the event. Event no-show's will still be responsible for the registration balance that is due. A spot at our career fair is not guaranteed until full payment has been arranged. This policy is also applicable to all Texas State University departments.
Schedule On-Campus or Virtual Interviews
Service Temporarily Suspended
Due to COVID-19 safety measures we are suspending employer on-campus interviewing for the Fall 2020 semester and will re-evaluate for the spring semester.
Conducting interviews on our campus is an easy and convenient way to access our students and alumni on their “home turf,” and our team will be happy to assist you in filling your schedule with qualified candidates.
- Log on to Jobs4Cats, select [Interviews], and select [Request Interview Schedule] to begin creating your schedule.
- Here you can request your preferred interview date, number of rooms needed, schedule for the day, and more.
- For questions or custom requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
- Only Career Services can make edits to your schedule once it has been approved.
- Please ensure the job(s) you are hiring for are attached to your interview schedule.
- To ensure you understand your schedule and the process, our office will follow up with more confirmation details once your schedule has been approved.
- Please refer to the following article for guidance: How do I post an interview schedule to a school?
- Are you interested in conducting virtual interviews? Let our office help you facilitate this, too! We have private interview rooms and laptops that students can utilize. Email email@example.com to learn more.
Schedule a Bobcat Career Chat
Stimulate student interest and increase awareness of your career opportunities by providing a one-hour presentation on a career-centered topic in one of our convenient presentation rooms. Feel free to get creative! This career-centered topic can look like a workshop, a Q&A panel or a experiential learning series. Please schedule your Bobcat Cat Career Chat at least two weeks prior to your requested date, as space is limited.
We are flexible and can accommodate afternoon or evening chats. Our office will help by marketing your chat to our students and alumni and will do our best to capture your targeted audience. We will also create an “event” for your chat in Handshake that can be seen by all students. Attract students with an evening of food and fun by offering something to eat as part of your chat.
- Complete the Bobcat Career Chat Request Form on our website.
- Interested in having food? Take a look at our Approved Vendor List.
- Tips for success: please include any marketing materials you already have and express your goals/vision for this chat so we may help you meet your goals and bring your vision to life.
- Interested in a virtual Bobcat Career Chat? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Schedule a Tabling Session
Service Temporarily Suspended
Due to COVID-19 safety measures we are suspending employer tabling for the Fall 2020 semester and will re-evaluate for the spring semester.
Build brand recognition and awareness of your job opportunities by hosting a table in one of the busiest outdoor areas on campus. To accommodate the large number of on-campus tabling requests, employers can table up to two (2) times per semester. Please expect about 5-10 business days to confirm your tabling session. Finally, Career Services will help by marketing your “tabling spotlight” to our students and alumni via marketing emails and by creating an “event” for your session in Jobs4Cats (Handshake) that can be seen by all students. If you have any flyers or marketing materials you’d like to share, we can attach them to the event in Handshake.
- Complete the Career Services Tabling Request Form on our website.
- Employers requesting Outdoor Mall space must also abide by the LBJ Student Center Policies.
- Tips for success: please include any marketing materials you already have and be as detailed as possible in the “Detailed Description of Request” (e.g. recruitment, sales, etc.) section of the form. Also, please provide your preferred date(s) and backup dates as well.