USDA/NIFA Grants and Employment Workshop
August 26-28, 2015
The United States Department of Agriculture and the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, in cooperation with the College of Applied Arts, the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, and the Office of the Provost at Texas State University, are proud to sponsor a free three-day grant workshop and career event for students, job candidates, faculty, and administrators seeking to do the following:
- Learn about grant opportunities available through the USDA and NIFA;
- Develop successful grants and proposals;
- Identify potential partnerships and collaborate with other Hispanic-serving and land-grant institutions;
- Engage with other institutions of higher learning to consider the challenges facing the agricultural sciences in the region and nation;
- Connect students with internship and employment opportunities.
At the USDA Career Fair on day three of the workshop, students and recent graduates in agricultural science, nutrition, and related fields will meet with representatives from a variety of local and national USDA agencies and learn about available job opportunities.
The invitation to this free grants and employment workshop is extended to faculty, students, career centers, and universities throughout the entire Southwest region. Prospective attendees may register for the welcome reception and one or both days of the workshop. Grant workshop participants may choose to attend the sessions online or in person.
Day 1—Wednesday, August 26, 6 p.m. CST
Networking Meeting at the Embassy Suites
- Remarks by Dr. Gene Bourgeois, Texas State University Provost
Day 2—Thursday, August 27, 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. CST
USDA/NIFA Grants Workshop
- Panels led by representatives of NIFA and the USDA and experienced grant applicants
Day 3—Friday, August 28, 7:30 a.m.-noon CST
USDA Career Fair
- Employer Browse and meet-and-greet with national and local USDA agencies