Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY)
Thank you for considering a nomination for
Student Employee of the Year!
Nominations are currently closed and
will reopen on December 1, 2018.
To see last year’s competition winners, please see the Student Employee of the Year Awards page.
Previous SEOTY Award Winners:
2017 - Coffey McCurdy
2016 - Lorissa Soto
2015 - Jenn Radford
2014 - Jennifer Wright
2013 - Andrew Osegi
2012 - Kyle Colson
2011 - Julia Dow
2010 - Mark Burrow
2009 - Marcos Martinez
2008 - Allison Conrad
About the Program:
This recognition program was established for the outstanding contributions and achievements of students who embody service excellence, exceptional quality of work, professionalism, and initiative all while attending college. The recipient is recognized during April of each year. National Student Employment Week is April 15-19, 2019.
- December 1, 2018- Nomination form opens
- February 15, 2019- Nomination form closes
- March 1, 2019- Winner of Student Employee of the Year for Texas State University is submitted to regional competition
- Late March 2019- Regional winner is submitted to national competition
- April 16, 2019- Student Employee of the Year Banquet- Texas State Student Employee of the Year is announced
In order to be eligible for consideration, the student employee must be:
- Currently enrolled
- An undergraduate or graduate employee (must be classified as student hourly)
- Employed by the department for a minimum of 6 months part-time between June 2018 and May 2018 (anticipated)
- Nomination form opens and is dispersed on December 1, 2018.
- Departments may nominate multiple students, so long as each nominee represents an appropriate sub-area of that department. For questions about nominating multiple students, please reach out to email@example.com before submitting your nomination form(s).
- Nomination forms are required for each nominee. Items such as student resumes and recommendation letters are optional. A maximum of two (2) recommendation letters may be submitted for each nominee.