Visit event website here (http://www.careerservices.txstate.edu/AgWorkshop) for event times and locations.
The United States Department of Agriculture and the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, in cooperation with the College of Applied Arts, the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, and the Office of the Provost at Texas State University, are proud to sponsor a free three-day grant workshop and career event for students, job candidates, faculty, and administrators seeking to do the following:
* Learn about grant opportunities available through the USDA and NIFA;
* Develop successful grants and proposals;
* Identify potential partnerships and collaborate with other Hispanic-serving and land-grant institutions;
* Engage with other institutions of higher learning to consider the challenges facing the agricultural sciences in the region and nation;
* Connect students with internship and employment opportunities.
On day three, the USDA On-the-Spot Hiring Event, students and recent graduates in agricultural science, nutrition, and related fields will explore the career fair, meet with prospective employers, and set up interviews to be held later that morning in the Texas State University Career Services office.
The invitation to this free grants and employment workshop is extended to faculty, students, career centers, and universities throughout the entire Southwest region. Prospective attendees may register for the welcome reception and one or both days of the workshop. Grant workshop participants may choose to attend the sessions online or in person.
Register here (http://www.careerservices.txstate.edu/AgWorkshop/Registration.html).Click here for more information