According to the Office for Campus Maps, the street address for the LBJ Student Center is 301 Student Center Drive, San Marcos TX, 78666. Please keep in mind that GPS software and driving devices [Garmin®, Tom-Tom® etc.] may not be accurate outside of large metro area.
ATTN: CONSTRUCTION ON AQUARENA SPRINGS DR. PLEASE READ
As you make your way to the LBJ Student Center Ballroom you may encounter traffic delays due to the Loop 82 Overpass (Aquarena Springs Drive) Project . As Texas State University receives information from the Texas Department of Transportation, we will post it at: http://www.transportation.txstate.edu/loop82.html. There will be times when Loop 82 is reduced to two lanes instead of the normal four lanes, so it is particularly beneficial to you to monitor this page or you can receive updates on Twitter.
Once construction peaks on Aquarena Springs Drive, alternate routes will be to access campus off the I-35 and Highway 80 (Exit 205) or the I-35 and Ranch Road 12 (Exit 202) intersections. You can also use Google Maps to locate LBJ Student Center, 78666 for detailed directions.
Regardless if you are north-bound or south-bound on IH 35 as you get to San Marcos, take Exit #206. [If you are approaching San Marcos via Ranch Road 12 from Boerne or Wimberly, see below*].
- If you are southbound i.e. from Austin get into the right-hand lane of the access road as soon as possible, stay on the access road for ~ 1.3 miles and merge right onto Aquarena Springs Drive/Loop 82.
- If you are northbound i.e. from San Antonio get into the center lane of the access road as soon as possible and turn left at Aquarena Springs Drive/Loop 82 [going under IH 35].
- Proceed on Aquarena Springs Drive ~1.5 miles to Sessom Drive
- you will cross over railroad tracks
- pass Bobcat Stadium
- and cross over the San Marcos River
- Sessom Drive is located immediately past the San Marcos River
We recommend that you stay in the right-hand lane for the next couple of miles, until you go through the intersection at N. LBJ Street.
THIS IS WHERE DIRECTIONS HAVE CHANGED FROM PREVIOUS YEARS!
The next traffic light is Comanche Street. This is a new light! Turn left from Sessom/s onto Comanche.
The next traffic light [~ 500 feet] is Student Center Drive. Turn left onto Student Center Dr.
On Student Center Drive, proceed to the ‘TRAM BUSES ONLY’ entrance and turn right.
- Even though the sign states ‘Do Not Enter’, there is a ‘single-day attendee’ entrance to the parking garage that you will need to use
- Turn right and proceed forward past this sign to the entrance booth.
Be sure to check your confirmation information for the time that this Career Fair parking entrance is available. If you miss the assigned time, you will have to use the regular parking entrance!
Questions??? Please call Career Services at 512.245.2645 before 6 pm Monday - Thursday.
* If you are approaching San Marcos/Texas State University via Ranch Road 12 you will turn left at the intersection of RR12 and Sessom/s Street. Follow Sessom/s Street to the Comanche Street intersection and turn right instead of left).